Since I left Bodega Bay, I’ve been a bit homesick. Now, that I’ve visited there, I know that dairy farms make up most of the landscape where this avarian thriller was filmed. There is very little sun at Bodega — it’s so close to the coast. Grapes can ‘t grow there very easily. But dairy farms thrive. I ate lots of feta there — pulling over for roadside picnics, and, after we left Bodega and drove a little west, where the sun shined, and the grapes could group, it was the featured menu item at the wineries. So, I’ve been eating lots and lots of feta.
One of my favorite things to do is to mix feta with avocado, salt and lemon juice.
And I spread it on everything. Tonight — it’s the featured star on shrimp.
Feta and Avocado Spread
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 goat cheese or feta
- Olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
- Mash the avocado with a fork and mix in the lime juice and parsley
- Crumble your cheese and fold it into the avocado mixture, leaving some bits chunky.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto anything — your spoon, a tomato, shrimp, chicken… pasta… endless possibilities.