Anything good must start with a slab of butter, melted in a cast iron skillet. Mix flour, milk, baking powder, salt and eggs… with a dash of sugar.
While the dutch baby is cooking, make some hart-shaped bacon, blackberry syrup and whip cream. Throw together a chocolate milkshake (Gone before photo could be taken.)
Add a handwritten note, folded up like a torpedo.
Recipe for Dutch Baby Pancake, or Oven Pancake… meaning… you don’t have to stand there and flip them over a hot stove. Great to serve a crowd…
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put butter in 8 inch round cake pan and place in oven while oven is heating.
- In bowl, mix eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk until blended.
- Let batter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes… so that you can get everything else done.
- Pour batter into pan in oven, pouring slowly so melted butter is not on top of batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until pancake is high and bubbly.
- Serve with blackberry syrup.