The best part about making this chocolate cake is the beginning involves buttering and dusting one 8″ round cake pan with — not flour — but coco powder and confectioners sugar. What a beginning. This is a flour-less cake, decadent with real, rich chocolate.
- Once your pan is ready, melt 4 squares of Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Using your mixer cream 1/2 stick of butter, and add two tablespoons of sugar.
- Once the butter and sugar are smooth, add two eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Now, finally, you’re ready for that melted chocolate.
- Pour it in, along with the six ounces of ground almonds and 1 tablespoon of dark rum, 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs and a pinch of salt.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cake cool on a wire rack while you make this amazing glaze.
The Chocolate Glaze
- Melt two squares of unsweetened, and two squares semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- Stir in 1/2 stick of butter and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Stir constantly and cook over low heat until thick.
- Once cake is cool you are ready to spread this onto your cake.
The cake will disappear so quickly, all you have left is a trail of chocolate dust.