- Full of B vitamins and nutrients
- Gives you strength to fight the flu
- Helps an upset stomach
- Better for athletes than Gatorade (and tastes better!)
- Perfect for kiddies with a fever
- Perfect for kiddies who have a belly ache from too much sugar!
- The barley used in the water can be used to make barley soup. Two meals in one!
- Great way to use lemon syrup from lemon shake-ups.
- 1/4 cup barley
- 4 cups water
- 4 (1-inch) strips lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey, or more as desired (Or 1/4 cup lemon syrup.)
- Clean the barley by putting it in a strainer and pouring boiling water over it.
- Combine theÂ barley, water, and lemon peel in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. coverÂ and simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a clean container
- Add more cold water to bring to 4 cups.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to taste, and stir well to combine. (Or add lemon syrup.)
- Refrigerate until well chilled, or serve warm for an upset stomach.