- Styrofoam egg carton
- Old plastic tablecloth or vinyl shower curtain
- Duct tape
Instructions to make sailboat:
- Separate the top from the bottom of the egg carton. Use the top for the sailboat, and use the bottom – the eggcups for seats.
- Cut sail out of vinyl into a right triangle
- Cut two holes in the top and bottom to push stick through. Insert stick in holes, and reinforce lightly with duct tape.
- Cut slit in section of egg carton that is high, and will not sit in the water. Push stick through and secure lightly with duct tape.
- Use the egg holders from the other side of the egg carton to add “seats” for Batman and Robin.
- Be ready for complaints that “they don’t want it like this.”
- Hide sailboat from child when he goes to sleep to avoid more whining the next day.