When I was pregnant, everyone said, “Kids grow up too fast.” They also said, “kids say the darndest things.” I vowed to make it last as long as I could by recording the best of the things they said. So, instead of a yearly brag letter about us at Christmas Time — I put a list of our favorite kid quotes from the year on the card. I think it says more about our family than any brag letter ever could. Here’s 13:
- Mom, did you know that you’re older than Jesus? He died at 33.
- You don’t need to hold my Hand mom, I won’t fly away – it’s not that windy.
- Did Santa bring this? Why does it say “Made in China.”
- Do you know why we have to use these tiny screwdrivers to change the batteries in toys? Elves.
- “Can I use some of your money? I’m tired of using mine.”
- “Guess how much this Bionicle costs?” “100 dollars?” “Nope. 100 bucks.”
- “I used to have crooked teeth. But then I lost them, so now I don’t have that problem anymore.”
- “Mom, I can’t wear that. Everyone would say, what happened to your coolness.”
- “I figured out what ’just a minute’ means — No.”
- Let’s go on a hay ride. “What kind of animal is a hay?”
- “Is it OK to jump off the top of the tree house?”
- How about a break from piano lessons? “yeah, a long one.”
- “My Dad goes to work to drink Apple Juice and to color.”
I was going to say that I liked #2 best but then I re-read #4. Great first TT.
#5 Resonates with me. BWAhahahah! Great First TT. Welcome!
These are great!
Those are funny!!!! Mines up! We are having a scavenger hunt!
That is a great idea. I love the comment about Jesus.
Great list. Kids can be so funny. . . when they’re not making you want to pull your hair out.
Two favs from your list:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Can I use some of your money? IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m tired of using mine.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Ain’t it the truth? Well, I’m tired of using mine, so can I use yours?
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Is it OK to jump off the top of the tree house?Ã¢â‚¬Â
When I was a kid, I found that it was better–in a kind of kid sense–to just jump off the garage roof and ask forgiveness later…
I love the Jesus quote! At least you can tell they’re paying attention in Sunday School!
My list is up!
I laughed all the way through that one. One of the best TT’s ever!
i love this post! kids are hilarious! 🙂 i love #1!
Great idea to put them on your Christmas cards!! It would be a card I waited for every year!
Great pic, too
This is a wonderful idea to use for Christmas cards. I’ll have to start writing down some of the crazy things my girls say. Your kids sound like a lot of fun. 🙂
What a great idea well, another great idea of yours! I’m a gonna copy this one, K?!
Thank you for your encouraging comments at my little blog, I really appreciate you SusieJ.
Number 8 is my fave. One must always keep ones coolness. It is essential. Especially for the adult woman.
I’ll go for number 11! Though number 3 is pretty cool.
Why is it that the males always go for 11? My boys — and I guess all of you males — have a fascination with anything that involves high places and jumping.
And yes — all of you who want to steal this idea — steal away. Maybe we can put an end to the Christmas Brag Letters.
Hilarious. Love number 1 best.
These are so funny. #10 had me rolling. I think that’s my fav.
This was ultra cute! I love that, but hey according to my 7 year old if you are over 30 you are sexy!
My son had a good one this week. He’s almost 3 and newly toilet trained. I bought him ‘big boy’ underwear and he declared to the world that they were ‘Carrots of the Pirabbean’ underwear!
Amen on #9. I use that regularly. Happy 1st TT!
Fabulous idea! Don’t ever stop doing that. (You can share their comments with their first dates.)
Pingback: susiej -