“We will celebrate our last day together by completing one of our best hopes for the year. You may work with partners or work alone to create a safe way to drop an egg off the top step of the Middle School Stadium. (This is the new home school the soon-to-be-6th graders.) The goal is for the egg to endure the trip without breaking!”
- must be raw
- visible from the outside of the “egg airplane”
- must not be wrapped directly in any material, like tape
- can be securely seated in some kind of device, like a towel roll
- must be in a case of some kind
Your egg case:
- must be made out of materials found at home
- may not be bigger than an adult’s shoe box
Just for fun:
- Give your egg airplane a name
- Be ready to cheer for everyone’s entry
- Stand back during launching!
Earlier this year, they had to make a skyscraper out of newspaper and tape — and it had to stand for at least ten seconds. That should prepare them for this egg drop. Do you know anything about an egg drop? Have you ever heard of an egg drop? I will post pictures — June 7th is launch date.