My son’s homework from last night. Have fun with this one.
Suppose you inherit one billion dollars. The bank pays you the entire amount of money in $100 bills. About how much will your payment weigh in tons.
Use the information below to solve the problem.
- You can cover a sheet of paper with about six $100 bills.
- There are 500 sheets in a ream of paper.
- There are 10 reams in 1 carton of paper.
- One ream of paper weighs about 5 pounds.
- One ton equals 2,000 pounds.
Show all your work. Write an explanation this is clear and easy to follow.