Gooey & Sweet — Chocolate-Covered Bananas, less than 100 calories each
Big snack manufacturers are trying to help us out with our weight-loss programs and diets with pre-packed 100-calorie snack bags. But have you tried them? They taste like Styrofoam. And, look how tiny the bag is! You’re left with your hand in an empty bag, wondering what happened to the loot, feeling sooooo hungry!
A good snack meets your needs on several textural and sensational levels. You’re not looking for a measly 100 calories, you’re looking for an experience. Maybe it’s creamy, crunchy, refreshing, salty and or even sweet. You don’t want dry, crunchy Styrofoam. Here’s a list of 13 snacks that will meet your taste sensation requirements, and still are under 100 calories. Enjoy:
- Chocolate-covered banana. Cut banana in half, dip in low-fat chocolate syrup, and freeze. The kid in you will like it when you stick a Popsicle stick on one end.
- Goat cheese on two slices of Melba toast.
- Dill Pickle
- 3/4 oz. pretzels dipped in Dijon mustard
- 1 baked Sweet potato
- 7 Gumdrops
- 1 marshmallow. Just one.
- 1 slice of watermelon
- 1 cup of frozen grapes… delicious in the summer.
- Feta cheese and 1 peach
- 1 slice of whole-grain bread
- Flavored herbal tea. Read more about how tea can help you to loose weight here.
- Cucumber slices dipped in low-fat yogurt seasoned with dill, salt, pepper and thyme.
Life can be so simple sometimes. OK. now tell me your favorite, because I’ve got all these boys that will be home from school all summer, and I have to feed them all day!
Also, if you’re looking for a way to keep the kids occupied in the car, or during summer vacation, get your own free download of the award-winning audio adventure “Billy Brown And The Mystery Package.” Read more about Billy Brown, here.