Before this rain and dreary cold weather started, I swear I was starting to have hot flashes. My doctor suggested eating more soy. Now that the warm weather has left us, probably for good, I’m back to feeling cold all the time. In response to my doctor’s orders, I made this Edamame Dip. It’s delicious, and easy enough to make that I’m still eating it even without the flashes.
- 1 bag of frozen shelled edamame. (You could used soy beans in the shell… but more work for this recipe.)
- 1 cup silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lime
- dash of hot pepper flakes
- dash of cumin
- Cook soybeans in boiling water according to package directions.
- Pour soybeans and remaining ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for salt and add more if you’d like.
You can eat this right away wtih pita chips or vegetables, or store in the fridge for a few days.