After spending two uninterrupted hours working the soil, I left behind a winter’s worth of stress and anxiety. Dirt is relaxing, and I had forgotten that picking up a spade is as exhilarating as a bite into chocolate or a plunge into an aromatic bath.
Those of you needing help designing your own gardens might want to have a look at the on-line Garden Planner. Start with a new plan, or use an existing one.
- Claudia has done a great job of outlining the double-dig method for starting a garden here. But hang-on, later this week I’ll be posting my own-no-dig method for starting a garden on grass. Much easier on the hands.
- Cheeky Magpie has found a great way to design garden rocks that can withstand the weather.
- Crafting a Green World has a great way to make plant markers from recycled blinds.
- Or these gorgeous ones… to craft:
- Terrariums are back! Craftzine has a great how-to here.
This video, teaching hungry children how to garden, warms my heart. Now, go relieve some stress and make the world a healthier place.