For breakfast, I whipped up a quick brunch on Christmas Eve. Steel Cut Oatmeal was soaked overnight, (here’s how) so that all I had to do was heat it up in the morning. But, the topper was this eggnog french toast — incredibly easy and so, very good. All you do is pour the eggnog over your day-old bread, and then bake it. No egg cracking or mixing! I did let the eggnog soak into the bread overnight — but you could pour the eggnog over the bread in the morning, and be just fine.
- 6-8 slices day old bread
- 2 c. dairy eggnog
- 1/4 c. butter
- Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Nutmeg for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place bread in single layer in buttered shallow dish.
- Pour eggnog over bread.Let stand, turning bread once, until eggnog is absorbed, about 5 minutes. (Or put in fridge and let it soak in overnight. But don’t pre-heat the oven until the morning.)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Flip bread over, and pour melted butter on top.
- Bake 5-8 minutes on other side, or until golden.
Serve with Maple syrup, Cinnamon and Nutmeg.