As we stood in line together, we remembered the day she taught us how to make these Crescent Puffs. At the time, we were all new, first-time Moms. She skimmed over precise measurements, yet was very specific about teaching us the importance of giving the family “something to look forward to… something to make everyone feel happy about being home.” Family was the single most important thing in her life. As we finally made our way into the viewing room, a slide show of her life played on a flat screen TV as tears dripped on our cheeks. There, we saw her saw her so young, so vibrant, so beautiful, and so delightfully happy in her life. As she would have liked, we busted into a laugh when the picture of her pulling out a cookie sheet from the oven, loaded with these Crescent Puffs, popped on the screen.
So today, in honor of the lesson she taught us, I went to the store and bought the ingredients for her recipe. She didn’t bother with trying to make the dough from scratch, or making the marshmallows homemade. The important thing was to make things easy on yourself, so that you can fill the kitchen with this awesome treat with as little fuss as possible.
Recipe: (Ingredients are, of course, not precise.)
- 2 Packages of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- Cinnamon Sugar (with a bit of flour added)
- 1 package of Jett Puff Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Unroll crescent rolls.
- Drop a tablespoon of butter and cinnamon and sugar onto each crescent section.
- Place one marshmallow in the center.
- Pull edges of dough around filling, sealing the edges so nothing will seep out as it cooks.
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Share, spread sunshine, while they’re still warm.
She will be missed.